Eating healthy is one of the most common health and wellbeing goals, but so few people manage to make it a lasting reality. This is almost always because they put nasty restrictions on what they can and can’t eat, and end up feeling crappy.
To make themselves feel better, they’ll eat even more unhealthy food, and they’ll continue the cycle.
If weight loss is your goal in 2016 - STOP!
Studies show that those who prioritise being healthy over weight loss lose more weight long term, and are more likely to keep it off.
Ditch negative goals
Swap negative goals like “I’ll fit into my skinny jeans in 4 weeks or I won’t eat carbs for a month” and switch your mindset to incorporating healthy, positive goals into your eating.
Swap ‘losing weight’ with ‘being healthy.’
Once you focus on eating healthy food, you’re bound to lose weight anyway!
There are so many ways to eat healthier, but here are just a few hints.
Print off this list and put it on your fridge. Put a tick next to each one when you’ve tried it.
1. Take Mason Jar salads to work for lunch; they're healthy & look beautiful. Layer salad dressing, then legumes, then greens, with tomatoes and nuts on top.
2. Add super foods to your diet (chia seeds, amaranth, spirulina, psyllium husks)
-Try adding them to smoothies if you struggle with the texture or taste
3. Add one extra veggie to your dinner every night. Try to aim for three to start, and work your way up to 5.
4. Eat vegetarian meals four out of seven days. Indian, vegetarian dishes are my favourites for hearty meat-free meals.
5. Occasionally swap bread for corn thins or rice crackers.
6. Take bliss balls to work for the 3pm slump instead of coffee.
7. Decrease your coffee intake by one cup a day (if you drink four now, try swapping one coffee for green tea instead - you'll save money too!)
None of the tips above are about limitation or deprivation, they’re about trying new, exciting things to brighten your plate, and give you more energy!
The best way to eat healthy long term
Reading a blog post isn't always enough - you might need some personalised, tailor-made help through a one-on-one session with me.
After getting to know you through an initial consultation form, I’ll help you understand what’s holding you back from eating healthy via a one-hour Skype session. From there, I’ll give you a tangible, meaningful Wellness Action Plan to help you move forward and get results.
Whether you choose one session or a package, the small, meaningful changes you make via your Wellness Action Plan will help you learn what's holding you back from having more energy and eating good, nutritious food. I'll help you become the person you long to be; the truly amazing person you are.
By spending this time together, you’ll get evidence-based steps to help you live a happier, healthier life.
AREAS WE CAN WORK ON INCLUDE:
Why should you work with me?
After practicing Physiotherapy, PT and health consulting for years around the world in Canada, Australia and New Zealand, I’ve learned how to make health fun and inspiring. You’re not like anyone else, and your program needs to be designed for you, and only you.